|Run||September 26, 2013 - 2014|
|Home video release|
Season two premiered on September 26, 2013.
- See also: List of appearances
Recurring guest castEdit
|№||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|25||1||Step Nine||John Polson||Robert Doherty and Craig Sweeny||September 26, 2013|
|In the second season premiere, Sherlock is called to London to revisit an old case, where he is forced to face his older brother, Mycroft. Although the siblings suffered a drastic falling-out a few years earlier, Mycroft allows Sherlock and Joan to stay in his new home, 221B Baker Street. With Joan in the middle, the brothers are forced to confront their very complicated history.|
|26||2||Solve for X||Jerry Levine||Jeffrey Paul King||October 3, 2013|
|When a well-respected mathematician is found dead, Holmes and Watson set out to solve a murder and the purpose of the highly guarded equation he was trying to decipher. Meanwhile, Watson is conflicted when the son of a former patient approaches her for a loan.|
|27||3||We Are Everyone||Michael Pressman||Craig Sweeny||October 10, 2013|
|When Holmes and Watson set out to track down a civil contractor who leaked classified information, their lives are disrupted when they are targeted by the group of cyber-activists protecting him. Meanwhile, Joan takes the advice of a friend and signs up for an online dating service.|
|28||4||Poison Pen||Andrew Bernstein||Liz Friedman||October 17, 2013|
|When the CEO of a financial consulting company is poisoned to death, Holmes and Watson are called upon to track down the killer. Meanwhile, a woman from Sherlock's past emerges as a possible suspect.|
|29||5||Ancient History||Sanaa Hamri||Jason Tracey||October 24, 2013|
|Holmes and Watson find themselves digging through the dark world of the mob to find a killer when they discover the body of a former assassin. Meanwhile, Watson helps a close friend track down a mystery man who swept her off her feet.|
|30||6||An Unnatural Arrangement||Christine Moore||Cathryn Humphris||October 31, 2013|
|When Captain Gregson’s home is invaded, Holmes and Watson work to find the masked gunman before he strikes again. Meanwhile, Gregson gives his team some insight into his private life.|
|31||7||The Marchioness||Sanaa Hamri||Christopher Hollier and Craig Sweeny||November 7, 2013|
|Sherlock's brother, Mycroft, arrives in New York and enlists Holmes and Watson to help solve a case involving his former fiancée. Meanwhile, Sherlock has a difficult time accepting Mycroft and Joan's relationship.|
|32||8||Blood Is Thicker||John Polson||Bob Goodman||November 14, 2013|
|When a beautiful young woman is murdered, Holmes and Watson investigate her ties to a billionaire CEO. Meanwhile, Mycroft makes a case for Sherlock to move back to London.|
|33||9||On the Line||Guy Ferland||Jason Tracey||November 21, 2013|
|Holmes and Watson uncover the identity of a serial killer whose case has gone cold and find themselves butting heads with the NYPD.|
|34||10||Tremors||Aaron Lipstadt||Liz Friedman||December 5, 2013|
|When an investigation goes horribly wrong, Sherlock must testify in an official police inquiry which jeopardizes his and Watson's future with the NYPD.|
|35||11||Internal Audit||Jerry Levine||Bob Goodman||December 12, 2013|
|When a hedge fund manager who was also running a Ponzi scheme is murdered, Holmes and Watson must determine which of his clients is guilty. Also, Sherlock contemplates sponsoring a fellow recovering addict.|
|36||12||The Diabolical Kind||Larry Teng||Robert Doherty and Craig Sweeny||January 2, 2014|
|Holmes and Watson come face to face with Moriarty when their one-time adversary is brought in as a consultant on a kidnapping case. Meanwhile, Detective Bell continues his struggle on the road to recovery. Natalie Dormer Returns as Moriarty.|
|37||13||All in the Family||Andrew Bernstein||Jason Tracey||January 9, 2014|
When a body is found in a barrel, Holmes and Watson launch an investigation into the mafia's ties to the murder. Meanwhile, Sherlock attempts to make amends with Detective Bell. Peter Gerety and Paul Sorvino guest star.
|38||14||Dead Clade Walking||Helen Shaver||Jeffery Paul King||January 30, 2014|
Watson reopens an old murder case that Sherlock, when still using, hadn't been able to solve; she discovers a rare fossil lies at the heart of the case. Meanwhile, Sherlock's sponsee Randy is worried about using again when his old flame, an addict, comes back to live with him.
|39||15||Corpse de Ballet||Jean de Segonzac||Liz Friedman||February 6, 2014|
During a stage rehearsal for a ballet performance, the severed corpse of up-and-coming ballerina Nell Solange falls from the rigging. The investigation leads to prima donna ballerina Iris Lanzer, whose presence evokes a “fanboy” reaction in Sherlock. Sherlock deduces someone is attempting to frame Ms. Lanzer for the murder; meanwhile Watson tracks down a missing homeless man.
|40||16||The One Percent Solution||Guy Ferland||Bob Goodman||February 27, 2014|
Tensions rise when Holmes and Watson are forced to reteam with Lestrade on a bombing investigation.
|41||17||Ears to You||Seith Mann||Lauren MacKenzie & Andrew Gettens||March 6, 2014|
When Gordon Cushing receives a parcel with two severed ears in it, it seems his missing wife Sarah Cushing may still be alive and that he didn't kill her four years earlier. As Holmes investigates, Watson tries to help Lestrade to no longer feel like a failure.
|42||18||The Hound of the Cancer Cells||Michael Slovis||Bob Goodman||March 13, 2014|
Holmes and Watson investigate the death by helium poisoning of a researcher who had been testing the "hound," a breathalyzer for detecting cancer. Bell, recovered from his injury and returned to field duty, asks Watson to track down a missing witness to a street killing.
|43||19||The Many Mouths of Aaron Colville||Larry Teng||Jason Tracey||April 3, 2014|
After new cases surface of bodies with bite marks, Watson wonders if Aaron Colville, the man suspected of similar murders a decade ago but who died on the operating table of the surgeon she was assisting at the time, was innocent.
|44||20||No Lack of Void||Sanaa Hamri||Liz Friedman & Jeffrey Paul King||April 10, 2014|
Holmes and Watson try to solve the death by anthrax poisoning of a man in a holding cell at the station, before an outbreak. Holmes learns that his old friend Alistair has died.
|45||21||The Man With the Twisted Lip||Seith Mann||Craig Sweeny & Steve Gottfried||April 24, 2014|
After agreeing to help one of Sherlock's support group members with her missing sister, Sherlock and Watson discover that it is connected to a young man who was killed in a government cover up.
|46||22||Paint It Black||Lucy Liu||Robert Hewitt Wolfe||May 1, 2014|
After Watson is kidnapped by Le Milieu, Sherlock and Mycroft have to work together to solve a case for them to get her back.
|47||23||Art in the Blood||Guy Ferland||Bob Goodman||May 8, 2014|
|48||24||The Grand Experiment||John Polson||Robert Doherty & Craig Sweeny||May 15, 2014|
- A script is being written that will very much be a peek into Joan’s family, in particular her father! “I don’t think we’ve ever said any of this explicitly in the show, but the way we’ve always imagined it is Joan’s birth father fell out of the picture and her mother remarried with the last name Watson. So this story is based on that understanding of her circumstances,” says executive producer Rob Doherty. ”We’re just going to find out a little more about what went down when she was a kid and a little more about the status of her birth dad.” But, he adds, this isn’t an episode that will see the introduction of her father, saying, ”We may meet somebody down the line, but this episode is another little window into who Joan is and where she comes from.”
- Lucy Liu is set to direct an upcoming episode.
- We will eventually see a return from Broadway star Steve Kazee, who appeared a few episodes ago as a man who showed interest in Joan. “We haven’t quite crafted a return for him yet but we have a way of figuring these things out,” Rob Doherty says.
- Sherlock's brother Mycroft will be back and forth over the course of the season.
- Is there a chance that Natalie Dormer could return to Elementary? Yes, but don't expect Irene Adler to pop up in the first half of the new season, which picks up months after the events of the finale. "Is Sherlock completely over everything that happened? No, but he tends to internalize and compartmentalize everything," executive producer Rob Doherty says, noting that when she does return, it won't be as a villain -- or at least not the villain of Season 2.
- The format for season two will be in a similar vein to that of the first, which became more serialized as it went on. "We will absolutely have standalone stories and cases, but there will be certain stories that you can arc over a run of shows."
- No plans yet, but Robert Doherty would love to bring back Roger Rees as Alistair with the right story.
|Canada||Global||September 26, 2013||Thursdays, 10:00pm|
|Germany||Sat.1||February 27, 2014||Thursdays, 10:15pm|
|United Kingdom||Sky Living||October 22, 2013||Tuesdays, 9:00pm|