|Directed by||John Polson|
|Written by||Craig Sweeny and Robert Doherty|
|Air date||May 16, 2013|
Heroine is the twenty-fourth episode of season one, as well as the twenty-fourth episode of the series. It was written by Craig Sweeny and Robert Doherty, and directed by John Polson. The episode is the second part of the two hour season finale which premiered on May 16, 2013.
As Sherlock reels at the reappearance of his former lover, Irene Adler, a series of flashbacks unravel the tumultuous events that led to his downfall into addiction. Meanwhile, he and Joan once again find themselves in the crosshairs of the enigmatic Moriarty.
Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock Holmes
Lucy Liu as Joan Watson
Jon Michael Hill as Marcus Bell
Aidan Quinn as Tommy Gregson
Natalie Dormer as Irene Adler
Steve Park as Oren Watson (voice only)
Arnold Vosloo as Christos Theophilus
Dominic Fumusawill as Mr. Gerard
Erik Jensen as Isaac Proctor
Dominic Fumusa as Jordan Conroy
Michael Aronov as Andrej Bacera
Austin Lysy as Chad Lerberg
Justine Cotsonas as Jovana Bacera
Michael Iannucci as Medical Examiner
Karen Ludwig as Melanie Waters
Kevin Morrow as N.D. Detective
- Start Anew by Beady Eye plays at the end of the episode.
- Green screen was used in the port scenes, with the ship added in post production.
- The original animals that Marcus Bell found in the back of the truck at the port were supposed to be orangutans, but the show weren't able to get a hold of any.
- The lunch scene with Moriarty and Joan was filmed at the Four Seasons hotel in Manhattan, New York.
- The zebra at the horse ranch is actually a painted horse.
All photos of Heroine on this wiki can be seen here.
Pilot • While You Were Sleeping • Child Predator • Rat Race • Lesser Evils • Flight Risk • One Way to Get Off • The Long Fuse • You Do It to Yourself • The Leviathan • Dirty Laundry • M. • The Red Team • The Deductionist • A Giant Gun, Filled with Drugs • Details • Possibility Two • Déjà Vu All Over Again • Snow Angels • Dead Man's Switch • A Landmark Story • Risk Management • The Woman • Heroine